Computer Systems Development
Course's main wikipage (lecturer's wikipage, Polish): TSI_2012
How to pass?
To pass this course you have to receive appropriate number of points (see table on lecturer's wikipage: LINK, under: Zasady zaliczenia ćwiczeń)
You will not pass this course if you were absent more than 3 times
The main goal of these classes is to show, how does the work in computer science industry look like. During the course we will simulate stressful situations, associated with:
A lack of time
- A lack of competence
- A need for proper organisation of team's work (what and who has to do it?)
A course will end setting up a project, which will be realised in the next semester.
Additional rules to those provided by the lecturer (prof. Jassem)
- The classes are strictly connected to lecture, on each class it is assumed that student knows material discused on the lecture
- A leader of the group has to organise work for his/her group (in particular he/she should provide language assistance to foreign students)
- Groups have to be changed on each classes, this means that working in the same group on different classes is forbidden
You are allowed to have at most three absences, however because of the organisation of the classes there is no possibility to gain points for classes on which student was absent
The tasks which have to be done during the classes are on the lecturer's wikipage (Strona przedmiotu -> Materiały na zajęcia -> Zajęcia N -> ĆWICZENIA).
- Additional rules are given on lecturer's wikipage.
Putting solution on the eduwiki site is essential in the task. The solutions which will not obey the following rules will not be checked and graded, especially:
- solutions sent by e-mail
- solutions on external web-services (as a external link, not an attachment of eduwiki service)
Solutions should be placed on group eduwiki page by the end of the classes
Group eduwiki page will be created at the begining of each classes after receiving the message from the group leader (to: mwalas <at> amu edu pl)
- In the message you should place:
- Names and Surnames of group members
- Index numbers of the group members
- Information who is the leader of the group (the leader should be put at the begining)
- A list of group members with names, surnames and index numbers should be put on the group eduwiki page
- Group members are allowed to edit group eduwiki page, the leader is the page administrator
- Solutions can be written in Polish or English
- Please don't change group page template
- Preferred file extensions:
- Text documents: pdf, odt, doc
- Archives: 7z, tgz, zip
- Spreadsheet: ods, xls
- UML: jude, jpg
- Other: mpp (Microsoft Project)
Please convert all diagrams (jude, uml, schedules) to JPG format, and put on on eduwiki webpage two files: original file and converted (in JPG)
- The tasks will be evaluated for the next classes
Evaluation will be put on lecturer's wikipage (Strona przedmiotu -> Materiały do zajęć -> Zajęcia N -> Punktacja grup)
- Short comments will be attached to each task's mark (comments can be omitted in case of highest possible mark)
- Whole group gains points for tasks (there will be no individual tasks)
In case of the detection of plagiarism a group will receive zero points for all tasks (there will be no judging who is the author of plagiarism)
I was absent, can I get points for classes?
There is no such possibility.
Results and absence list are given here: Results
Translated rules will be given here: Rules
Tasks in English
Additional material to the lecture will be provided later in the course.
- Lecture 4:
- Lecture 5 - Setting up a project
- Lecture 6 - Use cases
- Lecture 8
Some examples in English are given on the lecture slides: lecture 6 download
- Lecture 9
- Lecture 10 - Usability
Tips - how to achieve success?
- Assign tasks to group members according to tasks difficulty, some tasks are more difficult, some are easier to solve, the strategy: "one student = one task: is no the only possible strategy
- Save time! There will be always not enough time
- Ask your group members what are their competencies
If you don't know something: Ask